Work Injury Compensation
Each year thousands of people are injured whilst at work. It is a fact of life that accidents do happen. However, where there are incidents that might not have been prevented, there are also very many instances where accidents clearly could have, and should have been avoided.
Your employer is legally obliged to make sure your workplace is a safe and healthy one and it is their duty to ensure employees are safe whilst at work. If guidelines are not followed and a member of staff suffers an injury, or even worse dies whilst at work the employer is liable.
There are certain things every employer, regardless of how many people they employ must do. These include:
- Ensure the workplace is safe
- Prevent any health risks to staff
- Provide first aid facilities
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in good working condition and is safe to use
- Ensure staff are fully trained for the job they are employed to do
- Prevent and control the employees exposure to any substances that could damage their health
- Make sure the temperature and ventilation in the workplace meet the health and safety requirements
Types of Accident at Work
There are many types of work accidents, these include:
- Construction- This industry accounts for 27 per cent of fatal injuries to employees in the UK
- Farming - This is one of the most dangerous professions out there, accounting for over half of all fatal work accidents globally
- Offices – Compensation can be claimed for things like Repetitive Strain Injury
- Oil Rigs - Handling heavy equipment or exposure to dangerous substances can cause serious injury
- Warehouse - Potential hazards include falling objects and working at height
The Work Injury Compensation Claims Process With Mayiclaim
Quite often people are concerned about pursuing claims for work related accidents fearing they may put their job at risk, but this isn’t the case. It is a legal requirement for businesses to have Employers Liability Insurance which protects them against accidents at work.
Therefore, it's an insurance company that would pay your compensation, and not your employer.
Here at Mayiclaim, we aim to make the claims process as stress free as possible. Our experienced team, along with highly experienced accident injury solicitors will ensure your claim is dealt with in a speedy and professional manner.
The compensation you could receive will cover many things including loss of earnings, travel expenses, medical bills and any other related costs.
Our nationwide solicitors also work on a no-win-no-fee basis. Therefore, if for any reason we are unsuccessful, you will not be burdened with expensive legal fees.
Contact us directly on Freephone 0800 756 7774, or fill out our Quick Claim Form and one of our fully trained friendly advisors will call you back. They will be able to offer you helpful advice and a free consultation about your circumstances.
If you then decide to proceed we will assign you a specialist solicitor with a wealth of experience in handling accident at work claim.
Mayiclaim is an independent organisation which gives us the freedom to choose the very best no win no fee solicitor for the job based on your unique situation.