Although most disputes with neighbours can be sorted out amicably, there are others which can’t and need some professional help with.
Neighbourhood disputes are actually very common and include things such as:
- Noisy neighbours - when the issue is more than an occasional party you may need to take legal action
- Boundary disputes - if a dispute cannot be resolved after checking the property title deeds you may be able to take action
- Shared amenities - this is where there are disputes over who is responsible for the maintenance of facilities which are shared between homeowners such as driveways or fences etc
- Car parking disputes - these are very common even though residents have no automatic rights to a parking space on a public road
- Right of way disputes - these usually occur when one or both neighbours either have excessive use of the ‘right of way’, or fail to maintain or repair a right of way
- Trees and hedges - overhanging trees and overgrown hedges cause many issues with neighbours
We would always recommend trying to resolve issues with neighbours by speaking to them first. If in rented property, the other course of action would be to contact your landlord or local council. If a resolution cannot be agreed, then you should give us a call.
NO WIN NO FEE Dispute Resolution Solicitors
If you have problems with your neighbours that you cannot resolve Mayiclaim can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
We aim to make the claims process as stress free as possible. Our experienced team, along with highly experienced dispute resolution solicitors will ensure your claim is dealt with sensitively, and in a speedy and professional manner. They will speak to you about your experience, gather up all the evidence, and ensure you get the compensation you deserve which will include all related costs.
Our nationwide solicitors also work on a no-win-no-fee basis. Therefore, if for any reason we are unsuccessful, you will not be burdened with expensive legal fees.
If you have problems with your neighbours that you cannot resolve, please contact us directly on Freephone 0800 756 7774. Alternatively fill out our Quick Claim Form and one of our fully trained friendly advisors will call you back. They will be able to offer you helpful advice and a free consultation about your circumstances.
If you then decide to proceed we will assign you a specialist solicitor with a wealth of neighbourhood dispute experience.